Johan Bezem ist Mitglied bei
Posts Tagged ‘virtualisation’
If you know me, you know I am a Windows power-user, but certainly not an experienced administrator. If you are then confronted with a potential roll-out for a VMWare-based development environment to be legally cloned from a master environment using XP, things seem easy at first: Install, copy, distribute.
If you then look into things like hostnames, WinXP activiation, simultaneous network access, things become more complicated. And if you then start looking into something like SysPrep (not for Vista), things can easily overwhelm you.
So, more for me than for you :-) I’ve collected a set of links from remyservices.wordpress.com (David Remy) going through much of the necessary details using SysPrep. Thanks, David!
- SysPrep in Depth – Part 1 – Adding Drivers To Our Image PC
- SysPrep in Depth – Part 2 – Verifying SysPrep And Driver File Permissions
- SysPrep in Depth – Part 3 – SysPrep.inf and HALâ€™s
- SysPrep in Depth – Part 4 – Cleaning Up Unneeded Drivers
- SysPrep in Depth – Part 5 – Customizing Sysprep.inf
- SysPrep in Depth – Part 5 addition 1 – Customizing Sysprep.inf
- SysPrep in Depth – Part 6 – Bringing Parts 1-5 Together
- SysPrep in Depth – Part 7 – Obtaining Your Hardware Drivers
- SysPrep in Depth – Part 8 – Automating your Product Keys
And in case in the future something more will be added to the series, check out the google link.